1. A minimum of 36 units of course work (100 and 200 level).
Of that 30 units:
- At least 18 units should be graded graduate level (>200) course work
- a minimum of 9 additional units of graded course work (100 or 200 level)
- a minimum of 6 units should be Animal Biology 299, Graduate Research Units (per University regulations a maximum of 9 units will be counted toward the 36 unit requirement)
- a minimum of 2 units should be Animal Biology 290, Graduate Research Seminar
2. A paper written in scientific format and signed off by major professor.
3. Pass an oral exam covering the breadth of Animal Biology and an area of depth.