1. A minimum of 30 units of course work (100 and 200 level).
Of that 30 units:
- at least 6 units should be graded graduate level (>200) course work.
- at minimum of 2 units should be Animal Biology 290, Graduate Research Seminar
- a minimum of 6 units should be Animal Biology 299, Graduate Research; or Animal Biology 290C, Research Conference.
- a maximum of 12 units should be Animal Biology 299, Graduate Research Units.
2. Completion of an original research project written as a MS thesis signed by major professor and at least two additional thesis committee members.
Ideally, the original data will be published as a scientific paper.