For an archive of previous years' accomplishments.
- Stackhouse-Lawson KR, Rotz CA, Oltjen JW, Mitloehner FM. Carbon footprint and ammonia emissions of California beef production systems. J Anim Sci. 2012 Dec; 90(12):4641-55.
- Stackhouse KR, Rotz CA, Oltjen JW, Mitloehner FM. Growth-promoting technologies decrease the carbon footprint, ammonia emissions, and costs of California beef production systems. J Anim Sci. 2012 Dec; 90(12):4656-65.
- Weber KL, Drake DJ, Taylor JF, Garrick DJ, Kuehn LA, Thallman RM, Schnabel RD, Snelling WM, Pollak EJ, Van Eenennaam AL. The accuracies of DNA-based
- estimates of genetic derived from Angus or multibreed beef cattle training popuulations. J Anim Sci. 2012 Dec; 90: 4191-4202. DOI: 10.2527/jas.2011-5020.
- Weber KL, Thallman RM, Keele JW, Snelling WM, Bennett GL, Smith TPL, McDaneld TG, Allan MF, Van Eenennaam AL, Kuehn LA. Accuracy of genomic breeding values in
- multibreed beef cattle populations derived from deregressed breeding values and phenotypes. J Anim Sci. 2012 Dec; 90: 4177-4190. DOI: 10.2527/jas.2011-4586.
- Place SE, Mitloehner FM. Beef production in balance: considerations for life cycle analyses. Meat Sci. 2012 Nov; 92(3):179-81.
- Kao E, Villalon R, Ribeiro S, Berger T. Role for endogenous estrogen in prepubertal Sertoli cell maturation. Anim Reprod Sci. 2012. 135: 106-112.
- Fellowships, Awards & Grants
- Gabriela Acetoze: Memorial Scholarship Winner at ARPAS Conference. Presented a talk entitled: "Fatty acid composition of backfat, intermuscular, KPH and tail fat depot sites of Angus cross steers finished on grass or high grain diets."
- Cooper CA, Nelson KM, Maga EA, Murray JD. Consumption of transgenic cows’ milk containing human lactoferrin results in beneficial changes in the gastrointestinal tract and systemic health of young pigs. Transgenic Res. 2012 Oct 17; PMID: 23073908 [Epub ahead of print]
- Kao, E, Villalon R, Riberio S, Berger T. Role for endogenous estrogen in prepubertal Sertoli cell maturation. Animal Reprod Sci. 2012 Nov. 135: 106-112
Fellowships, Awards & Grants
- Kristin Weber: 2013 Austin Eugene Lyons Fellowships in Animal Biology, 2012 Beef Improvement Federation Frank Baker Essay Award
- Berryhill GE, Gloviczki JM, Trott JF, Aimo L, Kraft J, Cardiff RD, Paul CT, Petrie WK, Lock AL, Hovey RC. Diet-induced metabolic change induces estrogen-independent allometric mammary growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2012 Sep 7; 109(40): 16294-9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bogliotti YS, Ross PJ. (2012) Mechanisms of histone H3 lysine 27 trimethylation remodeling during early mammalian development. Epigenetics. 2012 Sep; 7(9): 976-81.
- Cruz GD, Strathe AB, Rossow HA, Fadel JG. Characterizing bovine adipocyte distribution and its relationship with carcass and meat characteristics using a finite mixture model. J Anim Sci. 2012 Sep; 90(9): 2995-3002.
Fellowships, Awards & Grants
- Giuseppe Vezzoli: Awarded Best Poster of the Congress for poster titled "Does dustbathing behavior by laying hens reduce northern fowl mite populations?" at the 46th ISAE (International Society of Applied Ethology) in Vienna, Austria.
- Rowson AR, Daniels KM, Ellis SE, Hovey RC. Growth and development of the mammary glands of livestock: a veritable barnyard of opportunities. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2012 Jul; 23(5): 557-66.
- Huang SS, Strathe AB, Fadel JG, Lin P, Liu TY, Hung SS. Absorption, distribution, and elimination of graded oral doses of methylmercury in juvenile white sturgeon. Aquat Toxicol. 2012 Jun 26; 122-123:163-71. doi: 10.1016/j.aquatox.2012.06.003. [Epub ahead of print]
- Franco, R, Mitloehner, F. Bacterial population dynamics during the ensiling of Medicago sativa (alfalfa) and subsequent exposure to air. Applied Microbiology. 2012 Mar 25.
- Moraes LE, Wilen JE, Robinson PH, Fadel JG. A linear programming model to optimize diets in environmental policy scenarios. J Dairy Sci. 2012 Mar; 95(3):1267-82.
- Huang SS, Strathe AB, Wang WF, Deng DF, Fadel JG, Hung SS. Selenocompounds in juvenile white sturgeon: evaluating blood, tissue, and urine selenium concentrations after a single oral dose. Aquat Toxicol. 2012 Mar;109:158-65.
- Huang SS, Strathe AB, Hung SS, Boston RC, Fadel JG. Selenocompounds in juvenile white sturgeon: estimating absorption, disposition, and elimination of selenium using Bayesian hierarchical modeling. Aquat Toxicol. 2012 Mar; 109:150-7.